15.12.2017, 13:06 UTC+1  

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Battletracker.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Awards: 0 / 24

20.11.2006, 18:51

Fall of Berlin: Roof camping

Poll

Roof Camping in Fall of Berlin exploiting?

Kickable offense on our server, curious to what other people thought

Redbeaver

Private First Class

20.11.2006, 19:03

questionable as in u need to explain the definition of roof camping :P

i would say if u meant camping on the 2nd floor of buildings (specially at square flag) as a sniper... i do that if im defending..... i dont see any problems with that.

if u meant roof by the monorail station that snipers use to camp the whole round... well... thats abit overboard....

20.11.2006, 19:12

Quoted

Originally posted by Redbeaver
questionable as in u need to explain the definition of roof camping :P

i would say if u meant camping on the 2nd floor of buildings (specially at square flag) as a sniper... i do that if im defending..... i dont see any problems with that.

if u meant roof by the monorail station that snipers use to camp the whole round... well... thats abit overboard....

in reference to the people who put spawn beacons down next to buildings and drop pod onto them. The huge skyscrapers, that is.

scratzin

Recruit

20.11.2006, 20:49

Dunno, if I accidently spawn there, Ill rain death on my opponents, and then parachute down. Dont think that would be called "camping", as I parachute down within a minute. But it happened to me more than once that a squad leader got a beacon up there, and that a squad was camping there. VERY annoying, especially for the vehicles. (railguns and rockets coming out of everywhere)

Redbeaver

Private First Class

20.11.2006, 22:51

hmm i never do that but i dont see a problem if i can take them out with my Zeller.... how high are they anyway? u mean on the top top TOP roof of the skyscraper? wow.... didnt know that lol but thats pretty darn high...hard to see anything......

BobTheBuilder79

Private First Class

20.11.2006, 23:15

I can see myself doing that if I happen to land on top a building.

But I would never set up a squadbeacon to go there on purpose...

KDOGKILLA

Recruit

21.11.2006, 01:26

MY TAKE IS...ITS A TACTICAL WAR GAME. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES FOR YOUR TEAM TO WIN. FOR EXAMPLE IN A REAL WAR SITUATION.....RUN N GUN IS NOT THE WAY TO PLAY A BATTLE. TACTICS, MECHANICS, STEALTH...WHAEVER IT IS.....U MUST ADJUST AND USE TO WIN THE BATTLE. PERSONALLY I THINK ITS A GREAT TACTIC.

KDOGKILLA

Craterz

Recruit

21.11.2006, 02:17

Tactics, stealth and mechanics of the battle are one thing... CAMPing a roof that you're not supposed to able to get up on in the first place is another. CAMPing is not helping get the win, doesn't help your team, squad nor team members.

Don't get me wrong, defending a control point is another matter entirely... and just good tactics.

I HATE CAMPers! :ranting: GO TAKE A CP!!! HELP YOUR TEAM!! DO SOMETHING TO HELP GET THE WIN besides sit on your arse!! :ranting:

21.11.2006, 03:52

Quoted

Originally posted by Craterz
Tactics, stealth and mechanics of the battle are one thing... CAMPing a roof that you're not supposed to able to get up on in the first place is another. CAMPing is not helping get the win, doesn't help your team, squad nor team members.

Don't get me wrong, defending a control point is another matter entirely... and just good tactics.

I HATE CAMPers! :ranting: GO TAKE A CP!!! HELP YOUR TEAM!! DO SOMETHING TO HELP GET THE WIN besides sit on your arse!! :ranting:

i agree, with a good commander you can find that camper pretty quick; if not, let the commander know, maybe he'll help you out by spoting him. camping is kinda dumb in my mind, just take the darn capture point, if they're good they'll take it back.

BobTheBuilder79

Private First Class

21.11.2006, 05:20

:crazy: When I said I saw myself doing 'that' I was not talking about sitting on my arse (at least not in the game). If the rooftop does not give me an edge or helps me help my team in any way then I'd get bored up there and jump off. :unsure:

Just letting you guys know...

James2785

Private First Class

21.11.2006, 12:44

I'll camp the shit out of a CP or silo... theres these little things called 'defend points' that you need for certain awards :D

Normally I am a very mobile player - all over the map and constantly taking back CP's or silos. Lately a buddy has pulled me more into a 'sit on one silo and defend the hell out of it' tactic and its amazing how fast the bonus points roll in with that.

but camping from the top of a building you arent supposed to get onto, thats iffy. I'd say it might fall into the same area as glitching inside of buildings

EVIL_H0MER

Recruit

21.11.2006, 15:37

Not done it me self!!

but hey if you can and your defending! i dont see any problem (ya can allways use a sniper to take em out)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | 8GB DDR2 ram | MSI 975x platinum Power Up mobo | XFX Nvidia 8800 Ultra gfx | 1 x WD 74GB Raptor | 1 x 500GB SATA II |OS Vista Home Premium 64bit | Xerox XM7-22W Monitor | G | Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "EVIL_H0MER" (21.11.2006, 15:37)

21.11.2006, 16:33

Sniping is sniping simple as that.

scratzin

Recruit

21.11.2006, 17:08

Quoted

Originally posted by James2785
I'll camp the shit out of a CP or silo... theres these little things called 'defend points' that you need for certain awards :D

Normally I am a very mobile player - all over the map and constantly taking back CP's or silos. Lately a buddy has pulled me more into a 'sit on one silo and defend the hell out of it' tactic and its amazing how fast the bonus points roll in with that.

but camping from the top of a building you arent supposed to get onto, thats iffy. I'd say it might fall into the same area as glitching inside of buildings

Same for me. Especially on Suez Canal with the high silos and camppoints, I furiously defend a silo with a few buddies. I usually throw EMPs at the thing nonstop, an engy draws fire, the recon RDXwtfpwnz0rs them, and the medic revives the engy.

Marcus666

Recruit

22.11.2006, 09:14

Quoted

Originally posted by KDOGKILLA
MY TAKE IS...ITS A TACTICAL WAR GAME. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES FOR YOUR TEAM TO WIN. FOR EXAMPLE IN A REAL WAR SITUATION.....RUN N GUN IS NOT THE WAY TO PLAY A BATTLE. TACTICS, MECHANICS, STEALTH...WHAEVER IT IS.....U MUST ADJUST AND USE TO WIN THE BATTLE. PERSONALLY I THINK ITS A GREAT TACTIC.

KDOGKILLA

agreed.

Redbeaver

Private First Class

22.11.2006, 21:36

I GOT IT!

finally understand what the fuss is all about..havent play conquest for awhile and yesterday i accidentally join a squad that puts a beacon up there...

now, my take on this (regardless what i voted before), if it helps ur team wins (like KDOG said) tahts totally legit...

but

my squad yesterday was just camping there, shooting some snipers, dropping motion mine, shooting pilum, WHILE our team is down to 44:216....

that sux, and worth being banned IMO.

23.11.2006, 23:08

the god places to hide spawn beacons are generally near the buildings. if i happen to spawn onto the roof i parachute down. I also shout at my squad members on voip and kick them if they stay up there!

Disch.v2.0

Recruit

23.11.2006, 23:42

ha ha i did it by accident one time. got so many kills.

not gunna lie

it was fun.

DreadLion

Recruit

Awards: 2 / 24

25.11.2006, 18:56

If you can get to the rooftop by APC Pod launch, then it's a legit and fine place to hold and fight from, else it's a bit naff.

26.11.2006, 03:30

Tops of buildings

If you can get there with a jet and attack the position with a jet then I'm all for it.

I think some servers and clans are too anal when it comes to reasons for banning players' actions (I'm not talking about chatting). If EA and punk buster condones the action then go for it.

As for camping, it's called defending (unless it's at an uncappable location). If someone wants to spend there time stationary defending that's their prerogative. I actually applaud anyone that is on defence. Not many people have the patience to stay in only one place in a game like this.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Andrew250" (26.11.2006, 03:35)