16.12.2017, 21:31 UTC+1  

You are not logged in.

Awards: 0 / 24

13.05.2007, 23:39

I just read on wiki that people claim you can still drone-surf even post-patch, although it's harder now. Hmm...

:unsure:
Last time I looked I was 3rd in the world (1st in the UK) on the Commander points leaderboard! :)

"War isn't worth giving your life for ...so make sure you win".

-=DR=-GrimSqueaker

Private First Class

14.05.2007, 01:52

I have to say it never bothered me, but simply because I had never even heard of it before this thread. So, Ditto :w00t:

Sounds fun. I only just unlocked the drones though, so the question is, am i bovverd?

Also, at sixx: seems to me that if they removed it, they didn't want it there, so it's a bug. I would say that putting nekkid pictures of Kylie on the billboards would be awesome, cos people would just stand there staring at them, and I could get so many knife kills. But that would be gone damn fast too. A bug is simply something that EA don't want. My money is EA's nectar. I myself, however, am a Bug.

Please don't flame me, as I agree with your point on the every day objects thing - but this just seems like logic to me - EA made the game, they decide what is a bug or not.

I'm under your bridge. I'm not coming out.

14.05.2007, 11:14

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time I think it would be a very poor definitiion of "bug" that let EA define anything they didn't intend as a "bug". ...I mean I understand bug to mean a defect or imperfection, so if they'd consciously attempted to make drone-surfing impossible and failed, THEN I'd say it was a bug... ...but before that, it was simply something you could do if you wanted.

It was so nice drifting up through the clouds, dropping random frags to make noobz think it was raining grenades.

:)
Last time I looked I was 3rd in the world (1st in the UK) on the Commander points leaderboard! :)

14.05.2007, 17:18

personally i think its glitching. if u use it to get to a place like the top of buildings in berlin its a bad as getting inside the containers on titans. just play the game and use ur skill not watever shortcuts or easywayouts u can find

15.05.2007, 11:33

Quoted

Originally posted by drakk89815
personally i think its glitching. if u use it to get to a place like the top of buildings in berlin its a bad as getting inside the containers on titans. just play the game and use ur skill not watever shortcuts or easywayouts u can find

Ah, but there is often skill in finding "shortcuts" (by which you might just as well have said "highly effective strategies"), and in tuning them to your needs...

Getting inside the containers on titans was crap, because IRL you can't pass through solid objects, thus it was so counter-intuitive to expect enemy there that nobody did.

However, "sniper on the roof" is a phrase a great many people will have heard even before playing bf142, and so to try and put roof-camping in the same class would be quite unfair in my view...

:mellow:

15.05.2007, 13:22

not when getting there is pure luck (e.g spawn beacon next to building) or a glitch (drone surfing)

16.05.2007, 22:04

Quoted

Originally posted by drakk89815
not when getting there is pure luck (e.g spawn beacon next to building) or a glitch (drone surfing)

I think we're going in circles here... :doh:

17.05.2007, 01:09

lol yeah me too..... i guess neither of us will budge.... agree to disagree?

17.05.2007, 13:39

No. You're wrong. Drone-surfing was far-out (man).

:P

Jamie T

Private First Class

27.05.2007, 12:24

watahell is drone surfing and how i do it?

NBK_Ash

Recruit

01.06.2007, 18:06

My issue is that in removing it they created an even bigger bug. They thing randomly explodes upon creation now and it occasionally will kill the squad leader upon creation. If you are not moving forward when creating it your chances of being killed go up quite a bit. I used to see these devices in use all the time and now the only item I see in use is the squad leader beacon. Its kinda sad because when it worked it was far more effective tool than the beacon. Now that they added the supply infantry's locater they should have made it more useful not less.