16.12.2017, 23:20 UTC+1  

You are not logged in.

GunnCat

Recruit

Awards: 0 / 24

23.03.2007, 18:23

Community? Not.

Poll

How would you compare the BF2 community to other online FPS games you have played online?

I posted this on a german fansite forum. I thought I would repost it here not because of this lameass, but rather because this community of players is the worst I have ever seen. Is it a trend? What's your experience?

Quoted

Your BF2 server Beitrag editieren Antwort mit Zitat
1 Beitrag - Einmalposter
I was playing a game in my usual style which means that I am there to have fun and meet new players. I enjoy competition and playing with people who appreciate the skills of other players.
While playing today, I saw a decent pilot by the name of Crazy* CUDead(http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=60013773). I commented on his skills. He didn't reply which wasn't a big deal. I figured that he may have not spoken english. However, the game ended and the teams switched.
I was flying a F35B in Zatar Wetlands and saw a pilot below me. Being a rather skilled pilot, I tend to take most down without them knowing how to avert my methods. The pilot I was following was falling for my standard methods and soon I had him down somewhere between the middle base and the air craft carrier. I saw it was the same pilot, Crazy* CUDead I had complimented last game. He then said something in english (and all caps) basically saying that I had based raped him. I thought he was making a joke and asked him at which point he continued on his diatribe unabated. At this point I promptly told him to go fuck himself.
I have been playing this game since the release date. I come from a long history of gaming starting in 1995 with Descent. I have competed on the IDL, surely the most competitive ladder I have been associated with, but I have never seen a community of players as insulting and unsportsmanlike as EA's BF2 community. My policy remains one of open sportsmanlike behavior followed by a rather short, sharp retort when I find my integrity called into question.
I appeal to you to consider leaving a note of conduct to lame players like this person. I would have gone to his website, but he said he doesn't have one. My resort was to come here and let you know. I enjoy playing on European servers because the sportsmanship is usually very good. I wanted to let you know what was happening on your server today.

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=92842413
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=43961544
pwning newbs since 1995.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GunnCat" (23.03.2007, 18:24)

Shabbah @ Shibby

Back Alive, Prepping For BF3!

Awards: 1 / 24

23.03.2007, 18:27

I voted it sucks... though it sucks everywhere to be honest, people are jsut behind their computers and able to say anything what pops up.... 99% of these idiots abuse it (including me I admit) which makes ALL the gaming communities CRAP...

simple as that I guess... a few places with small groups of people might still be decent, but most places on internet are full of crap really... but than again, 1 step further, outside the internet, life is almost the same.... :sleep:

EDIT: and welcome to the forums... may you smell trouble on approach :hehe:
I hope you got enough! We rock G-Spots, neighbours be complainin’ when I make yo pussy beatbox...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shabbah @ Shibby" (23.03.2007, 18:29)

23.03.2007, 18:30

it's good. some people are just too sensitive and take this internet crap to seriously.

[GNR]Agente_Silva

Private First Class

23.03.2007, 18:41

Quoted

Originally posted by O))) one-weak
it's good. some people are just too sensitive and take this internet crap to seriously.

I stand aside One-Weak... most people start threads with a good sense and meaning... some people are too sensitive or too proud to, sometimes, admit they could change their attitude! :)
GNR - In KAR Mauser We Trust :yeha:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "[GNR]Agente_Silva" (23.03.2007, 18:41)

GunnCat

Recruit

23.03.2007, 19:00

Quoted

Originally posted by [GNR]Agente_Silva

Quoted

Originally posted by O))) one-weak

I stand aside One-Weak... most people start threads with a good sense and meaning... some people are too sensitive or too proud to, sometimes, admit they could change their attitude! :)

Not really sure how that's on topic, but from the looks of your avatar, it seems like you may have been around long enough to remember Kali/Kahn and the communities formed there.
pwning newbs since 1995.

Viker

Private

23.03.2007, 19:27

People are too uptight these days. But that just gives me more fuel to continue my antics. :tongue2: :tongue2:

hemohes222

Private First Class

23.03.2007, 19:37

Haha. I don`t think u have met the Swedish Counter-strike community. That is without any doubts, the worst gaming community i have ever met. BF2 community is far far far away from the Counter-Strike community if u are looking for people acting like assholes.

Oh, and that guy u mentioned in ur thread doesn`t look like an pilot with good skills.

-=TROLLS=-Child_of_Q

Private First Class

23.03.2007, 20:11

First of all, there are several BF2 communities, not one.
Some of them are more mature than others, its depending how and by who they are moderated I guess.

I think you have made 2 mistakes.
You have tried to communicate ingame... a high paced game like BF2 isnt the place for chitchat, its full of adrenaline.
I would never compliment skilled player, I respect them, but I keep my mouth shut, no time for chitchat.
Sec, when you put up stories like this as a forum thread, you aren't the first.
Ppl have read hundred other postings like this, they have seen it all and therefore they dont give it much attention anymore.
Ofcourse it shows a lack of politeness, but most ppl speak with their fingertops without any remorse or knowledge.
They are incognito eh, just one button away of leaving when things got too difficult to handle... (call them cowards if you like)

I voted good because I know that there are no differences between the BF2 scene or other similar scenes.
Ive seen much much worse experiences in the AAO scene in the earlier days of that game.
I like this scene :D
Its all about rules and good admins/mods
[FLASH]http://www.trolls.nl/specials/flashbanner8sig.swf[/FLASH]
God provides, Men decides...

23.03.2007, 20:18

BF2 has the worst community... thats a bit subjective. I'd agree that there are definitely servers and forums that allow for some pretty darn hostile behavior. www.bf2s.com would be one I'd consider to be frequently antagonizing. Anyhow, any community can be awful, and usually there are a few apples with soft spots.

However, if you give a "bit" even with your B.S. it tends to go over better. Last night for instance, I fought a Su-34 in an F-35 and found myself on the carrier quite a bit. I complimented the flying, and said the missiles missing during the inverted loop were bs. Next level I was autoswitched and we taught each other a few things, still he was the most mature veteran pilot I've met, though sadly now I have to put back on my training wheels to advance my skills... Note: I envied his 10 ping, even when I had 19. :drool:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "debonairxl" (23.03.2007, 20:26)

23.03.2007, 21:33

I voted it's good, but you have to keep one thing in mind - you cannot view all BF2 players as a community, instead you have to look at servers as a community.

I belong to several great server based communities. The players and admins are all cool online and on the forum, lots of fun.

jaktar

Private First Class

24.03.2007, 04:02

I think previously it was difficult for the younger crowd to get into the online gaming scene. More people have computers than ever and more and more kids are getting online.

I do agree that it's nearly useless to try and communicate by TYPING in game. I never look for it unless I'm playing on a non VOIP server. I have been yelled at by my gunner in an AH for not going to re-arm him with TV's (didn't know he was out). If he had a mic it'd been no problem. I just let him go solo and get wasted.

I have found a few servers that I play on that have mature admins and just keep it at that.