01.10.2014, 16:14 UTC+2  

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Battletracker.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Awards: 1 / 24

04.09.2009, 09:34

Is PB kicking you for seemingly no reason?

If so, I think I know why - as I saw a LOT of people getting kicked for this when I was on last night.

Apparently some servers are running CVAR checks on the FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier line in the AA3Engine.ini file. If the value of this line is 0.5 or MORE - you are fine. However, if you have set it for 0.0 (as I did) then you are NOT fine and WILL be kicked for it.

I found this out only by pressing the F12 key after being kicked. What the F12 key does is bring up a 3/4 console screen where it shows all messages, both server and chat. It shows a LOT more than that small 10-line on-screen message. :)
With this, you can now see exactly WHY you are being kicked from a server, especially since these kicks do NOT show up in the AA3Launch.log file.

$[RD]$Mister_Rubby

<! God of Assault !>

Awards: 16 / 24

04.09.2009, 13:32

RE: Is PB kicking you for seemingly no reason?

If so, I think I know why - as I saw a LOT of people getting kicked for this when I was on last night.

Apparently some servers are running CVAR checks on the FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier line in the AA3Engine.ini file. If the value of this line is 0.5 or MORE - you are fine. However, if you have set it for 0.0 (as I did) then you are NOT fine and WILL be kicked for it.

I found this out only by pressing the F12 key after being kicked. What the F12 key does is bring up a 3/4 console screen where it shows all messages, both server and chat. It shows a LOT more than that small 10-line on-screen message. :)
With this, you can now see exactly WHY you are being kicked from a server, especially since these kicks do NOT show up in the AA3Launch.log file.
Wow, so you found out how to press F12 and see the console?

Now seriously: If you have set it for 0.0 (as I did) then you are NOT fine and WILL be kicked for it. - Why did you do it then? If no one changed that option they'd be fine.

XTR£ME

Recruit

Awards: 0 / 24

04.09.2009, 17:42

ok will check it out if it happens to me

05.09.2009, 12:49

RE: RE: Is PB kicking you for seemingly no reason?

Wow, so you found out how to press F12 and see the console?

Now seriously: If you have set it for 0.0 (as I did) then you are NOT fine and WILL be kicked for it. - Why did you do it then? If no one changed that option they'd be fine.

Dude - my posting was aimed at those that DON'T know about the F12 key yet. It was meant to be informative for those NOT IN THE KNOW.

B@lestra^

Private

05.09.2009, 14:16

I have the problem beeing kicked whenever i join a server. Either it's serverside or not, i don't know the cause.
My ini setting (see above) is by default 1.0, but still i do get pb kicked when joining a server since about two weeks approx.
My pb is up to date. I've changed certain ini settings according to guides in this forum, so these shouldn't be the cause either.
A proove is that i have had played perfectly with the adjusted ini settings some weeks ago without any pb problems.

05.09.2009, 21:27

Next time you are kicked, press F12 and there you may see a possible CVAR kick. The Foliage setting above is one such kick. Some servers have that check, some don't.

Better yet - post the exact message it says and someone can help from there.

B@lestra^

Private

05.09.2009, 23:35

Okay i've tried this and pushed F12 after beeing kicked: There was no CVAR message.
The line after the server authentification was like: PB has been initialized. No more line after this message.
I've pushed escape button to get back to aa3 menue. In the menue i always receive a pb popup with the content
that punkbuster services couldnt run and that i should update pb, nothing more.
But my pb is up2date and i was able to join and play on another server some weeks ago.
I suppose it's because most of the server admins have enabled pb serverside, recently.
that could be a reason, that those servers which haven't enabled pb yet, are running okay for those
with the problem like mine.
Another reason could be that i've tweaked my ini files, but i've changed those common things which were suggested to change for smoother gameplay.
The only thing i've changed on my pc software lately was the installation of the catalyst driver 9.8.
For comparison: aa2 is running well without any pb problems.
I feel kinda helpless...

12.09.2009, 05:24

The cvar checks were added by some anticheat communities because people altered their files to get a visual advantage like removing fog, lowering the detail to thin out the grass and other changes which people use to exploit the game to their advantage. They are not hacks, but cheap way to gain an advantage over others who play normally.

As for pb kicks, just google RegistryFix7 and install and run the trial version.
I have been using it any time I get a pb kick saying to manually update my pb.
I run it, do the repair, and go back to playing.

This error seems to reoccur every couple weeks.

Seems the registry portion of the game gets corrupted somehow and needs repairing.

B_A_R

Recruit

12.09.2009, 05:53

regfix7 isnt gonna fix it.

I bet its for heartbeatsb.exe stopping. Your best bet is to uninstall the game and pb complety and then reinstall them both. Its how I fixed my heartbeatsb.exe problem. Regfix did absolutly nothing

12.09.2009, 14:37

Well I can tell you that regfix7 does work. I use it on 2 computers here and our entire clan uses it and it worked everytime.

I will try to find the article explaining why it works, but I know it is posted elsewhere here.

Claims the registry gets corrupted causing constant pb kicks.

Edit: Here's one article: http://www.articlesbase.com/data-recover…w--1034498.html

[u]Jinks

Cocksure

13.09.2009, 06:37

I had problems with PB kicking for pnkbstrb heartbeat and sometimes it would leave no error message in console. I tried quite a few things (opening ports on NAT router etc). What seemed to work for me was (this applies to xp only) adjusting the RWIN to something a little larger (in my case 65535 for wireless ISP). Have had no issues since then. Hope this can help soemone.

LucParatus

Recruit

22.05.2011, 19:41

PB kicking me!

I pressed F12 and it said: RESTRICTION: corrupted File/memory [80585]
what do i do??

Silenthour

Recruit

03.10.2011, 04:16

Kicked

I pressed F12 and it says PB kicked me for "Service communication failure: PnkBstrB.exe no heartbeats" could anyone help my figure this one out? I get kicked about 2 mins after joining a game.

Dangall

Private

05.10.2011, 10:15

RE: Kicked

I pressed F12 and it says PB kicked me for "Service communication failure: PnkBstrB.exe no heartbeats" could anyone help my figure this one out? I get kicked about 2 mins after joining a game.
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the task manager, click on START TASK MANAGER, find the pnkbstrB.exe and pnkbstrA.exe in the list. Now click on pnkbstrB.exe to highlight it, then "RIGHT" click on pnkbstrB.exe and go to "SET PRIORITY" and left click on "HIGH".
...baby we were born to run

Brainfart

Recruit

06.05.2012, 02:41

OMG

THIS IS THE EXACT SAME THING THAT'S HAPPENING TO ME LITTERALY NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I GO ON A SERVER IT ALWAYS KICKS ME OUT AND SAYS MY PB ISNT UP TO DATE EVEN WHEN I UPDATED IT LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES AND NOTHING HELPS AT ALL AND EVERYTIME I JOIN A DIF SERVER IT SENDS ME TO A DIF WEBSITE!!! :ranting: :( :mad: :doh: :cry: :shock: