21.08.2014, 18:01 UTC+2  

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Battletracker.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

njk003

Recruit

Awards: 0 / 24

15.04.2007, 04:13

How do i convert a .txt to .ini?

How do i Make a .txt into a .ini file?

I have it set up in my User.ini file to execute a Binds1.txt file for extra binds, I copied and pasted all the info over, just changed a few things for different situations.

But when i use my Exec Binds1.txt bind and use my test command, i get several messages *other binds* instead of what i programed to that key.

Anyone help me convert?

[think]Note: My father said I had to convert it with binary code, I can make the binary code but idk how to make the file itself.[/think]

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "njk003" (15.04.2007, 04:23)

-h0b0-

I Hate Idiots.

15.04.2007, 04:22

1: use caution when using exec, might get you in trouble
2: instead of having a extra file to put in binds, just put them in directly to your user.ini file. (use the bind command to change what a key's function is)

njk003

Recruit

15.04.2007, 04:25

Yer, but I'm out of keys,... Buying a G15 Keyboard, but until then i gotta use what i got.

And i tried to do this becuase, I need to switch back to my regular commands

Do you follow me?

I want to switch between the 2 almost identical files for different needs,...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "njk003" (15.04.2007, 04:29)

15.04.2007, 04:27

Techincally, if you have all the codes in the txt file correct, then you can just save it as "user.ini" or whatever you want to name it. Oh and make sure you have the hidden file types unchecked in folder options I think. You can see every file type then.

njk003

Recruit

15.04.2007, 04:31

Correct, but it won't be a .ini file, it will still be .txt

And right now its messing up.

-Gamah

Too Much V-Money...

15.04.2007, 04:56

Quoted

Originally posted by njk003
Correct, but it won't be a .ini file, it will still be .txt

And right now its messing up.

okay open the .txt with notepad...

good

now go to file, save as....

okay....

now go to whre you want to save it, and type user.ini in the name bar

now the tricky part....

go to "save as file type"

and select "all files", this disables the automatic ".txt" at the end... allowing you to save it as ".ini"

make sure the coding is set to "ANSI"

press "save"

and youre done, enjoy your newly saves ini file

[SIZE=1]This tutorial is for use ONLY by those incapeable of changing already made file exetensions therefore prooving they have little-to-no knowledge of how windows works and probably should be messing around with ".ini" files anyway.
This tutorial is copywritten by "-Gamah" and may not be reused, copied, or reproduced in any way without his coscent.
This tutorial is subject to change as well as error, the autor is not liable for either.
If when using this tutorial, you have damaged/corrupted your game, -Gamah is not liable in any way, shape or form.
By following the tutorial you agree to all of the above. [/size]

Quoted

Originally posted by El_Poochino
78. An engaged debate about the metaphysical ramifications of religion in healthcare with a repubulican from California is your idea of an ideal saturday night

lol pro.

{S=F=C}_Viking

you can't clone me!

15.04.2007, 04:59

so you're going to have two different versions of your user.ini file in the same folder? that doesn't really sound like a good idea.

and are you absolutely sure that the .txt files to change your binds are 100% correct for what you're trying to do?

-SubZer0^

Pimpin' Life

15.04.2007, 06:57

why not copy the user.ini, change it, save it in your documents, then swap the two back and forth when needed?

why are you swapping in the first place?

my only reason i see is for tournaments or something like that... right?

how hard is it to swap that?

[SIZE=1]Opinion of SubZer0 only.[/SIZE]

njk003

Recruit

15.04.2007, 07:16

First off, i know more about windows then you think, just not the crap on wordpad/notepad/and any other writing thing,

Secondly It is a smart idea, in my case, they arent' goign to be the same name, And yes i am sure, becuase i recheck every thing i do.

and Thirdly, Thats exactly what i am trying to do...

I am swaping for different commands for different situations, for close combat i'll have crouch binded to something closer to my moving buttons, in long range i have my toggle run closer, my prone botton near my walking commands, and my zerorange as end key.

Also for forceclass reasons, and admin messages.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "njk003" (15.04.2007, 07:19)

-Gamah

Too Much V-Money...

15.04.2007, 07:37

Quoted

First off, i know more about windows then you think, just not the crap on wordpad/notepad/and any other writing thing,

right, did my little tutorial work then?

cause if it didn't you must be extremely ill-computer-literate, or just plain ignorant.....

and for the record, knowing how to rename extensions/ save files as something you want is a big part of windows...

can you tell me the difference between a dll and a driver?

(people who know the answer shhhhh let him try to figure it out ;) )

Quoted

78. An engaged debate about the metaphysical ramifications of religion in healthcare with a repubulican from California is your idea of an ideal saturday night

lol pro.

njk003

Recruit

15.04.2007, 07:42

-.- I'm not that type of computer person,

I script, i make games, i design, i research,

Edit: Scripting as in mIRC and HTML

A dll is a file that is stored, even after deleteing what it came with. Btw, Computer applications I doesn't teach how to convert file types -.-

Btw,... A dynamic-link library (DLL) file is an executable file that allows programs to share code and other resources necessary to perform particular tasks. Microsoft Windows provides DLL files that contain functions and resources that allow Windows-based programs to operate in the Windows environment.

A driver is software that works to communicate between an operating system and a peripheral.

Lol it's funny, you can click edit, then click submit and the counter will go up even if you add nothing

This post has been edited 16 times, last edit by "njk003" (15.04.2007, 07:53)

-Gamah

Too Much V-Money...

15.04.2007, 07:53

Quoted

-.- I'm not that type of computer person,

I script, i make games, i design, i research,

Edit: Scripting as in mIRC and HTML

A dll is a file that is stored, even after deleteing what it came with. Btw, Computer applications I doesn't teach how to convert file types -.-

Btw,... A dynamic-link library (DLL) file is an executable file that allows programs to share code and other resources necessary to perform particular tasks. Microsoft Windows provides DLL files that contain functions and resources that allow Windows-based programs to operate in the Windows environment.

A driver is software that works to communicate between an operating system and a peripheral. Think of it as a translator. If you use a crappy driver, your OS won't understand your video card and may become unstable and crash. Hardware manufacturers constantly update drivers to make them faster and more stable. Operating systems typically come with a set of drivers, but peripherals newer than your operating system typically require new drivers which must be installed via CD-ROM, floppy, or downloaded from the Web.

good job, u have google...

u spent what, 2 seconds to find that....

what woulda been so hard about googling how to change txt to ini?

Quoted

lol pro.

njk003

Recruit

15.04.2007, 07:54

Eh, go to my father first, then go here,... no point in going to google.

Plus, takes a while to put in the right words to find what you really want on google..

take Computer Screen Mates for example..

Well thanks anyway,..

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "njk003" (15.04.2007, 08:01)

-Gamah

Too Much V-Money...

15.04.2007, 08:08

Quoted

Eh, go to my father first, then go here,... no point in going to google.

Plus, takes a while to put in the right words to find what you really want on google..

take Computer Screen Mates for example..

Well thanks anyway,..

no problem...

and just a warning, even though you might be smart, the fact that you're new here will weigh you down, try not to get too cocky...

Quoted

lol pro.

-h0b0-

I Hate Idiots.

15.04.2007, 10:19

Quoted

Also for forceclass reasons

wow... why must you kill this game...

There is no way to change you're User.ini to another one mid game, period.

but hey, if you actually take time to read my first post and research what is in it, you would have all of your answers there... too bad I guess.